1. Freeze coffee using ice trays
Turn your espresso into ice cubes by pouring into ice trays and storing in the freezer. When the craving calls, simply drop some ice cubes into a tumbler and add preferred milk or keep it even simpler with some fresh water. This keeps your iced coffee, quick, easy, affordable and healthier than the café alternative.
Mix up your milk
Switch full fat milk, cream and ice cream for a non-dairy alternative. Almond, coconut, soy, rice or oat milk are great, healthy options to drop the fats that are found in regular milk. Another option is to reduce the amount of milk in your coffee by increasing the amount of espresso/water. Try a 50:50 mix to start with and, if you enjoy a black coffee, scrap the milk entirely to enjoy a low-calorie coffee drink.
Discover a smarter way to sweeten iced-coffee
Pouring spoon after spoon of sugar into your drink could leave you buzzing for hours. But for the sweet tooths out there, the thought of drinking a sugar-free iced-coffee could be horrifying. Don’t worry, there are some easy ways to enjoy your chilled cup of joe that include all of the sweetness and less of the artificial sugar of that comes with a traditional iced-coffee.
Our hacks for a healthier sugary twist
Drop the artificial sugar in favour of some of these alternatives:
- Add cinnamon, vanilla extract or nutmeg for a more nutritious zing.
- Add a small dollop of maple syrup, honey or agave for some natural sweetness.
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg or ginger for some more interesting flavour and to curb sugar cravings.
Healthy iced-coffee recipes
Here are just a few of our favourite healthy twists on iced-coffee recipes.
The ‘golden’ iced latte
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 capsules of Volluto
- 29ml honey
- 118ml milk
- Stir turmeric into milk to dissolve
- Brew espresso
- Combine honey and espresso in a cocktail shaker
- Add turmeric milk
- Pour entire drink into serving glass
A refreshing iced coffee recipe with an exotic twist.
- - 90g ice cubes (3 ice cubes)
- 40ml Master Origin Ethiopia coffee
- 90ml water
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5ml) of powdered coriander seeds
- Add ice cubes to your 300ml recipe glass
- Extract Master Origin Ethiopia coffee capsules
- Add water
- Mix in coriander seeds
- 7 ice cubes
- 20ml of lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20ml of agave syrup
- 1 Ispirazione Roma Capsule (Arabica beans originating from Brazilian and Mexico)
- Cover half of the rim of the Recipe Glass with agave syrup and cover the same part of the rim with some salt.
- Pour the rest of the agave syrup into the Recipe Glass.
- Add the freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add 7 ice cubes.
- Pour your Ispirazione Roma coffee directly into the glass.
- Decorate your drink with a slice of lime.
Find more healthy coffee recipes on the Nespresso site or check out our eco friendly ways to enjoy your iced latte
If you liked this article, please share: