Product Warranty Information and Parts Retention Period
- Nestlé Korea Ltd. Nespresso Division (hereinafter, 'Nespresso') shall guarantee product quality as follows pursuant to the General Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard of the Framework Act on Consumers and Consumer Dispute Resolution Standards per item.
- Matters not set forth in this warranty shall comply with relevant laws and regulations, including the Framework Act on Consumers and the Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard.
Warranty Period Criteria
- Product warranty period refers to the period in which the manufacturer or seller either repair, replace, refund or compensate for consumer damages due to any product defect or default, or the period in which termination and/or cancelation and fulfillment of contract applies.
- During the warranty period, Nespresso will either repair, replace or refund the product at no charge to the owner. However, this warranty does not apply to any malfunction or damage caused by consumer misuse or reason beyond Nespresso’s reasonable control and any product modification or damage due to unauthorized repair or installation other than by the manufacturer or repair and installation service providers designated by the manufacturer.
- The warranty period begins on the date of purchase which requires presentation of the original proof of purchase (e.g. receipt) to ascertain the date. In the case that no proof of purchase can be provided, the warranty period begins on the date six months from the manufacturing date.
The warranty period may be limited in the following cases:
Using coffee machines intended to be used in households for business purposes;
- Coffee machines for household use are intended to be used in households or similar applications such as in staff cafeteria in shops and offices, and in the rooms of hotels, motels and other facilities offering accommodation services. The warranty period may be limited if such machines are used for business purposes of selling coffee products other than the aforementioned purposes (e.g. selling coffee drinks at café, comic book store or others).
- Using coffee machines in abnormal environments;
- Coffee machines are designed to be used in normal conditions (temperature and air pressure, etc.).
- The warranty period may be limited if coffee machines are used in places other than of normal environment such as in vehicles or vessels.
- Warranty of products supplied by contract with the Company shall comply with the terms and conditions of the same contract.
Warranty Period per Product
|Coffee machines for household use||12 months||Pursuant to the Product Warranty and Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard
Warranty period for machines for business use may be subject to change pursuant to the terms and conditions of contract
|Coffee machines for business use (Pro Machine)||12 months (24 months for Aguila)|
* The local standard of service does not apply to machines purchased in other countries. Please refer to the separate information.
Machines Purchased Overseas
- Machines purchased overseas are defined as those purchased through overseas websites or during travel or living overseas; not products officially imported and distributed by Nestlé Korea Ltd. Nespresso Division.
- In such case, repair and maintenance services are provided at a cost limited to products with the same electrical and mechanical specifications to the machines sold by Nestlé Korea Ltd. Nespresso Division.
- Machines purchased overseas with different electrical and mechanical specifications to the machines sold by Nestlé Korea Ltd. Nespresso Division are excluded from repair services due to local electromagnetic compatibility certification issue. Please contact Nespresso Club at 080-734-1111 (year-round 24-hour operation, free-of-charge calls) to check if your machine is eligible for repair services.
Parts Retention Period
- Please refer to the Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard menu on our website for parts retention period and service life per each item.
Service Charge Information
- A certain amount of service fee is charged in line with the Framework Act on Consumers established by the government.
- The service charge includes parts cost (including damaged parts or consumable parts according to the part’s lifespan), repair cost (labor cost), delivery service cost, and machine rental cost. However, the service charge is not calculated
based on the repair cost depending on the damage, but rather based on the suggested retail price of the machine. Please refer to the below table of repairs with charge for further details on the service charge per machine.
※ Machines directly purchased from overseas shall be subject to the service criteria of that country (the service criteria of Korea does not apply).
However, repairs with charge pursuant to a separately defined set of charges are offered limited to machines with the same electrical and mechanical specifications to the machines sold in Korea. Machines with different specifications cannot be repaired in Korea due to certification issues of the relevant authority
: machine rental cost refers to the rental cost of the machine provided for the duration of the damaged appliance repair. If you do not wish to rent a machine, this cost (KRW 5,000) will be excluded.
The below warranty for repairs applies to damages, defects or repeated damage after repair of machines used in normal conditions within the warranty period.
|Coffee machines for household use||12 months (24 months for Aeroccino)||Pursuant to the Product Warranty and Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard
Warranty period for machines for business use may be subject to change pursuant to the terms and conditions of contract
|Coffee machines for business use (Pro machine)||12 months (24 months for Aguila)|
|Repaired machines||The longest date of the remaining warranty period or ‘repair warranty’ for the machine.
||Machines that were repaired free-of-charge or with cost charged (from the date of the repair)
* Repair warranty has only time limitations (6 months for B2C, 3 months for B2B) since last repair date and limited same problematic area and symptom.
|Machines replaced due to non-repairable reasons||Same period of newly purchased machine applies||Pursuant to the Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard
However, when replacing a product instead of a paid repair, the machine's remaining warranty period or repair warranty is provided, whichever is longer, will be provided
*Coffee machines for household use purchased from August 23, 2022, the basic warranty period is 12 months, and if you register the coffee machine within 30 days of purchase, an additional 12 months warranty period is provided.
(Coffee machines for household use purchased before August 23, 2022 is provide 24 months. )
* Aeroccino & Barista Recipe Maker will be replaced the part not repair of the failure area, and may be limited by warranty.
Repairs with Charge
Items subject to repairs with charge
|Warranty Period||Products with expired free-of-charge warranty period|
|Installation/Removal||Requests of re-installation and/or connection to external devices after moving or changing the location of the appliance within the home
Requests of installation & connection after purchasing through home shopping, the Internet, etc.
|Natural Disasters||Damages caused by fire, salt damage, freezing, gas damage or other reasons besides natural disasters (earthquake, storm, flood, lightening, etc.)|
Cost of Repairs with Charge
- Nespresso implements a graded repair with charge program based on the machines’ suggested retail price. This cost includes not only the cost related to the damaged part, but also costs related to replacing the consumable parts according to its lifespan, pickup service and delivery, maintenance of rental machines and package boxes used to collect machines for repair, and a sample kit provided with the repaired machine (Nespresso provides a sample kit for repairs with charge customers only to experience Nespresso’s assorted capsules).
- Nespresso’s repair cost is charged to be paid in advance when a request for repair is received. This is to prevent products not being claimed or collected after a repair with charge and non-payment of repair costs from occurring. If a machine is collected yet identified to have ‘no damages to be repaired’, repair cost will be refunded after deducting delivery cost (KRW 10,000).
Repair with Charge Items
|Category||Suggested Retail Price||Model||Nespresso Korea Machines||Overseas Machines||On-site Repair|
|Household Use||Original Line||A(400K KRW ↑)||Creatista Plus, Expert & Milk, Expert, Lattissima Touch, Gran Lattissima, Prodigio & Milk, Lattissima One(F121), Citiz Platinum & milk||KRW 75,000||KRW 75,000||N/A|
|B(300K KRW ↑)||CitiZ & Milk, Lattissima One(F111), Umilk, Prodigio, Citiz Platinum||KRW 60,000||KRW 60,000||N/A|
|C(200K KRW ↑)||CitiZ, Pixie, U||KRW 40,000|
|D(200K KRW ↓)||Essenza Mini, Inissia||KRW 30,000|
|Vertuo Line||Vertuo Plus, Vertuo, Vertuo Next, Vertuo Pop||KRW 50,000||KRW 80,000||N/A|
|Barista Recipe Maker||Barista Recipe Maker||Confirm purchase of part(s)||Confirm purchase of part(s)||N/A|
|Aeroccino||Aeroccino 3 and bundle customers (UMilk, CitiZ & Milk, etc.)||Confirm purchase of part(s)||Confirm purchase of part(s)||N/A|
|Aeroccino4||Confirm purchase of part(s)||Confirm purchase of part(s)||N/A|
* In case of machines purchased overseas, repair cost group is applied based on the suggested retail price of the same model in Korea. However, repair services cannot be provided for machines that require high repair costs or models that are not sold in Korea.
|Category||Model||Region||On site charge||On site charge
Applies more than 2 Machine
|Nespresso Professional||Zenius||Seoul||82,500||39,500||Simple Repair
Per 1 machine
|Gyeonggi & Incheon||89,000|
|Gyeonggi & Incheon||99,000|
|Tower Dispenser *||Seoul &||92,500||49,500||-|
|Gyeonggi & Incheon||140,000|
|Aguila/Momento||Charge by fault symptom after on-site||-|
* Vat included
* Nespresso professional club 080-734-1113 for inquires
Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard (Notification by Korea Fair Trade Commission)
- Article 1 (Purpose) The purpose of this notification is to set forth a standard for specific agreement or recommendation so as to smoothly settle disputes between consumer and business (hereinafter, “parties of dispute”) by defining the standard of consumer dispute resolution per product item pursuant to the General Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard as per Article 16(2) of the Framework Act on Consumers and Article 8(3) of the Enforcement Decree of the same Act.
- Article 2 (Request for Damage Redress) If parties of dispute fail to reach an agreement, they may seek redress for damage from central administrative agencies, city or provincial government, Korea Consumer Agency or consumer organizations.
- Article 3 (Product Item and Compensation Criteria) Dispute resolution standard, warranty period and parts retention period, and lifespan per product item set forth in this notification are specified in Appendix Ⅰ, Ⅱ, and Ⅲ, respectively.
1. Dispute Resolution Standard (Manufactured Goods)
|Type of Dispute||Resolution Standard||Note|
|1. Critical repair is required due to functional or performance defect that occurred while using product in normal conditions within 10 days from date of purchase||- Product replacement or refund of purchase price||
|2. Critical repair is required due to functional or performance defect that occurred while using product in normal conditions within one month from date of purchase||- Product replacement or free repair|
|3. Functional or performance defect that occurred while using product in normal conditions during warranty period|
|1) In case of defect||- Free repair|
|2) If it is unrepairable||- Product replacement or refund of purchase price|
|3) If it is unreplaceable||- Refund of purchase price|
|4) For products that require a 4th repair for the same defect
(For products manufactured since Jan. 2009, applies from 3rd repair)
|- Product replacement or refund of purchase price|
|5) If product requires a total of five repairs due to defect in various parts||- Product replacement or refund of purchase price|
|6) Critical repair is required within one month after product is replaced||- Refund of purchase price|
|4. Business has lost the product consumer has requested repair for repair|
|1) Within warranty period||- Product replacement or refund of purchase price|
|2) After warranty period expired||- Refund of straight-line depreciated value plus 10% (max. limit: purchase price)|
|5. Damage occurred due to non-retention of repair parts during parts retention period|
|1) Within warranty period|
|- Functional or performance defect during normal use||- Product replacement or refund of purchase price|
|- Accidental or intentional defect caused by consumer||- Product replacement after collecting the amount for repair|
|2) After warranty period expired|
|- Products purchased before 28 December 2011||- Refund of straight-line depreciated value plus 10%|
|- Products purchased after 28 December 2011||- Refund of remaining value after straight-line depreciation plus 5% of purchase price (if depreciated value is less than 0, then 0 applies)|
|- Products manufactured after 26 October 2016||- Refund of remaining value after straight-line depreciation plus 5% of purchase price|
|6. Damage caused during delivery after product purchase||- Product replacement|
|7. Damage caused during product installation by business||- Product replacement|
2. Parts Retention Period and Lifespan per Product Item
- While referring to Appendix Ⅲ of the Consumer Dispute Resolution Standard, which stipulates the warranty period and parts retention period by product item, coffee machine products are not categorized into such product item and therefore considered not to have a period defined separately. Parts retention period is defined as 5 years from when production of the part is ceased, based on the standard for similar product items.
- The basis date for parts retention period shall be the manufacturing date of the product.