Designed to appeal to both Nespresso lovers and fans of modern design, CitiZ is a fusion of the latest technology and inspiration from retro-modern design. With a complete range for preparing your favorite coffees, CitiZ provides Nespresso expertise in a fun and intuitive way.
CitiZ & Milk
Fitted with an Aeroccino, CitiZ & Milk allows you to create an endless number of milk based coffee recipes at the touch of a button.Buy CITIZ
- Coffee size Espresso & Lungo
- Fast heat up 25 seconds
- Automatic off mode after 9 min
- 2 programmable buttons with automatic flowstop
- (W x D x H) 5.1 x 14.6 x 10.9 in
"There is much in the spirit of New York City."
A distinct personality
The driving force behind the CitiZ machine was to combine practical design with an artistic message. It's all about accepting the arbitrary; about accepting a focused route that will help us to achieve more clearly defined objectives.
CitiZ is partly inspired by the 1930s & 40s.
The machines are heavily inspired by 1940s,
in particular New York City at this time, a city strongly defined by the architecture.
- How do I restore this machine to factory settings/reprogram this machine?
You may restore both buttons to factory settings by following these easy steps:
Begin with your machine turned off and plugged in
While pressing and holding the lungo button, turn the machine on
Release the lungo button after 3 seconds.
Your machine has now been restored to approximately 1.35 oz. for the espresso cup and 3.75 oz. for the lungo cup
Additionally, the cup buttons can easily be programmed to your personalized settings.
Fill your water tank
Begin with your machine turned on, warmed up and without a capsule in the chamber
Place your preferred cup under the spout, then press and hold the cup button you would like to program. Water will begin to flow.
Release the cup button when the cup has been filled to your desired level
This button will now be programmed for that volume
Please follow the steps below to reprogram the U machine to factory settings:
Power machine on and allow it to warm up
Open the slider
Press and hold both the Lungo and Espresso cup buttons (two largest buttons) for 5 seconds
The Ristretto (smallest) cup button will blink once to confirm the setting
- My capsules are not puncturing/my machine may have an air bubble
Your machine may actually have an air bubble. Air bubbles can block the flow of water through the spout. They usually occur if your run the machine without water in the tank or after a period of non-use.
If you own an Essenza and Le Cube machine, lift the coffee lever and push it away from you. You can then press either cup button until water starts flowing from the spout.
Be persistent as this may take a few tries
If you own a CitiZ, Pixie, U, Maestria, and Lattissima machine, fill the water tank, eject any capsule in the chamber, close the coffee lever and press the large cup button. Water should begin to flow from the spout.
For owners of machines with steam arms (C190, D150, D250, D290, D300, Romeo), please activate the steam/hot water function.
- How to take care of my machine?
1. Descale your machine at least once a year for soft water
Note: for hard water descale twice per year. (If you don’t know what water type you have hard water tends to leave white marks in the water tank)
Order a descaling kit now
2. Eject your capsules after each use
3. Frequently change the water tank with fresh drinking water
4. Regularly empty and clean the capsule container and drip tray
5. For integrated milk devices, activate the cleaning procedure after each use
6. Before your first coffee, brew water without capsule by pressing any coffee button.
By doing so, you pre-heat your coffee cup and you rinse the extraction system for better coffee experience.
- How high is the percentage of recyclable material used in Nespresso machines?
On average, our machines have a 60% recyclability potential.
And today, Nespresso Club Members can bring their machines back to wherever they bought them or in any electrical appliance store. In Europe, the European Union’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) has been in force since 2003. It provides a framework in which consumers can return their used electrical and electronic appliances for recycling.
- What does 19 bars mean?
All the Nespresso machines are equipped with a 19-bar pressure pump, which provides the power needed to pierce the film of the capsule and reveal the coffee’s 900 or so different aromas. The shape of the Nespresso capsule has been specially designed to ensure that the pressurised water flows evenly through the ground coffee during extraction. The temperature and flow time are also set to ensure that each precious aroma is expressed.
- My CitiZ machine has a poor or no coffee flow?
1. If no coffee flow, please check that:
- the mains supply cord is not trapped between the water tank and the machine
- the water tank is sufficiently filled and properly positioned
- your machine is turned on (lights ON)
2. If poor flow, it means you need to descale your machine
- What does it mean the blinkings of my CitiZ machine?
1. Regular and fast blinkings may indicate that the machine is in the descaling mode or the emptying system is activated
2. Slow and alternate blinkings (every 2 seconds) mean that the machine is in power save mode (stand-by). This mode is activated after 9 minutes of non-use.
To exit mode, press on any coffee button (modification of blinking rhythm). The machine is ready when buttons will stop blinking.
3. Irregular blinking, please call the call center