Click here to see the terms and conditions
CONDITIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING TO THE NESPRESSO COFFEE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Nespresso Subscription Plan concluded between you and Nestlé Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda. – Divisão Nespresso (Nespresso), with head office at Rua Alexandre Herculano, 8, 2799-554 Linda-a-Velha, corporate tax no. 500.201.307, registered at the Commercial Registry of Cascais.
WHAT IT IS?
1.1 The Nespresso Coffee Subscription Plan consists of an online monthly subscription plan for the purchase of discounted coffee capsules. The Plan shall also be available in some Nespresso Boutiques.
1.2 Each Nespresso customer can only execute one Nespresso Subscription Plan - for Machines or for Coffee. By subscribing to one of these Plans, they cannot, during its term, subscribe to another Subscription Plan.
1.3 The customer, by choosing to subscribe to one of the Plans, accepts these Specific Conditions and the General Conditions of Sale, which can be accessed at www.nespresso.com/pt/en/legal. Should said Conditions conflict, these Specific Conditions shall prevail.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
1.4 The Nespresso Coffee Subscription has a monthly fee. The monthly fee varies depending on the Subscription Plan you select.
1.5 The first monthly fee shall be payable when the Customer subscribes to the Nespresso Subscription Plan. The subsequent monthly fees shall be payable in accordance with the payment method chosen upon purchase: if by Credit card, debit shall be made every month on the same day as when you subscribed to your Subscription Plan; if by Direct Debit, debit shall be made on the 6th of every month.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE NESPRESSO COFFEE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
1.6 In order to subscribe to a Subscription Plan, consumers must register as a Nespresso customer. When subscribing to a Subscription Plan, the Customer agrees to pay the monthly fee on time. In return for the monthly fee, the Customer can select and purchase Nespresso capsules in accordance with the chosen Plan, at a discounted price exclusive to subscribers, as described below.
MONTHLY NESPRESSO CREDIT
• Each month, the Customer shall receive a fixed Credit amount that can be used to purchase Nespresso coffee at nespresso.com, by phone or at Nespresso Boutiques. The amount of Credit the Customer receives shall be equal to the monthly fee for the selected Subscription Plan. Thus: if the monthly fee is € 21, these € 21 shall converted into Credit for the purchase of discounted coffee capsules.
• All Credits to which the client is entitled to shall be added to their Customer account on a monthly basis, following payment.
• Credits are cumulative. The Customer should make sure to regularly select what products they wish to purchase, using their Credit. However, should you not use the available Credit in the month in which it is made available, the corresponding amount shall accrue to the Credit of the following month, and so on; unused credit amounts shall remain available up to 2 years from the termination date of the Subscription Plan.
• The Customer can check its updated Credit balance by accessing their account at www.nespresso.com/pt/en.
• Credits are non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be exchanged for a cash equivalent.
• By subscribing to the Subscription Plan, the Customer shall be entitled to a discount on the price of coffee capsules of the common selection they purchase, using the Credit for that effect. This discount does not apply to Limited Edition capsules.
COOLING OFF PERIOD (EXCLUSIVE FOR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTIONS)
1.7 The Customer has the right to change their mind and cancel the Nespresso Coffee Subscription Plan, without giving any reason, within 14 days after activation of their Subscription (or of a person they chose) during the so-called “Cooling off Period”.
• In order to exercise this right, the Customer shall inform us of their decision by means of a clear, written statement during the Cooling Off Period, contacting our Customer Relationship Centre on 800 260 260 or www.nespresso.com/pt/en/contact-us
• Should the Customer cancel their Subscription during the Cooling Off Period, Nespresso shall return all payments received, including shipping expenses (except for additional costs arising from choosing a type of delivery other than our standard delivery).
• Nespresso shall make the reimbursement using the same payment method used by the Customer.
• The Customer shall return or deliver us any capsules they have received, or that were shipped when you notified us of your wish to exercise your termination right. Nespresso shall make the reimbursement without delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days following reception of the capsules or, if prior, 14 days after providing evidence of return. Should the Customer cancel before receiving any capsule, Nespresso shall make the reimbursement within 14 days from the date you inform us that you were cancelling the Subscription Plan. Nespresso may retain the reimbursement until it receives any capsules back.
HOW LONG DOES THE SUBSCRIPTION LAST FOR?
1.8 The Nespresso Subscription Plan shall go on as long as the Customer continues to make the agreed upon monthly payments. The Customer can, at any time and freely, terminate the Plan, without application of any penalties.
CANCELLATION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION
1.9 Should the Customer wish to cancel their subscription (outside the Cooling Off Period and without prejudice to it) they may do so by accessing www.nespresso.com/pt/en/contact-us; by contacting the Customer Relationship Centre on 800 260 260; or by visiting a Nespresso Boutique. The Customer shall not be eligible for reimbursement of any monthly fees already paid as at the date of cancellation.
1.10 Cancellation of the Subscription Plan is done without prejudice to any remaining Nespresso Credit, which shall remain available for use by the Customer for a 2-year (two) period following notification of cancellation.
1.11 Should you fail to pay the monthly fee until its due date, Nespresso’s automated system shall reattempt to make new collections. Any Customer outstanding balance shall be used as payment for previous and current months. Nespresso Portugal shall freeze the Customer’s access to their account after failed collection reattempts, until such payment is made.
WHO CAN SUBSCRIBE?
1.12 Customers must be, at least, 18 years of age.
1.13. To ensure that your credit card is not being used without your consent, Nespresso reserves the right to validate name, address and other personal information supplied by the Customer during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions, the Customer consents to such checks being made.
1.14 Nespresso has the right to change these Subscription Plan’s terms and conditions or to cancel the program at any time at its discretion. Should this be the case, subscribers affected by said change shall be given prior notice.
Nestlé Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda., Nespresso Division
30 April 2019