You have just bought a
Join the Nespresso Club
How do I register my machine?
How do I use my machine for the first time?
Troubleshooting and Solutions
How do I join the Nespresso Club?
Join the Nespresso Club and learn more about the Nespresso product range.
The Nespresso Club is available 24/7. Call us at our toll free number 0800 55 52 53 or join us online at Nespresso.com to further enhance your coffee experience. Benefit from our complimentary shipping within 2 business days for orders of more than 200 capsules.
If you have any questions about Nespresso or your Club membership, please click here to contact us.
How and why should I register my machine?
Registering your machine.
As a Club Member, you benefit from lifetime telephone support and machine troubleshooting services. Please provide the serial number of your new machine when you first register, to help us provide personalized customer assistance. This 19-digit code is found on the drip tray or back of your machine.
How to register:
- Call on toll free number: 0800 55 52 53
- Visit a Nespresso Boutique
Using your machine for the first time
Tips for starting up your machine.
- Rinse the water system:
- Fill the water tank with warm/hot water and switch the machine on.
- Place a container under the coffee outlet.
- Allow the equivalent of half the water tank to run through.
- With the remaining half, rinse the hot water/steam attachment (if applicable) as indicated in your machine operating instructions.
Tips for maintaining your coffee machine.
The Nespresso system offers unrivaled coffee moments, cup after cup. To help you maintain the quality of your coffee experience, please take note of the following instructions:
- Before brewing coffee, run water through the coffee spout (without a capsule in the machine). This effectively rinses the brew unit, increases the temperature, and ensures a perfectly measured brew.
- To maintain the optimum temperature and quality of your espresso, descale your machine regularly (approximately every three months). The Nespresso Club offers cleaning kits with multilingual instructions.
- For the best tasting coffee, we advise that you refill your water tank with fresh, cold water on a daily basis.
- Empty your used capsule container and drip tray frequently, and wash all removable parts by hand on a regular basis. Please see your user manual for frother maintenance recommendations, if applicable.
Troubleshooting and solutions
The cup buttons on all Nespresso machines can be manually reprogrammed to the desired quantity. Please follow the instructions in your user manual.
The factory setting for Espresso is 40 ml; the Lungo is 110 ml. If the machine has a Ristretto button, the setting is 25 ml. To restore your machine to these factory settings, please refer to your user manual.
If the machine doesn't flow, fill your water tank with warm/hot water and press the largest cup cycle repeatedly until flow is restored.
If the machine still has no flow, please call the Nespresso Club, which is available 24/7, on toll free number 0800 55 52 53.
Do you need immediate help with your machine?
- Our Technical Specialists can give you an immediate diagnosis over the phone.
- If your machine needs repair, we offer a Support Service Program which includes:
- Collecting the machine from an address of your choice (within Switzerland)
- Loaning a machine for the repair period (subject to availability)
- Returning your machine to the same collection address
- 6 month warranty on the machine repair.