SEEKING THE PERFECT BALANCE
With every new machine, Nespresso sets new standards in innovative design.
Much of the inspiration behind these creative designs stems from Antoine Cahen and his design company Les Ateliers du Nord (ADN) who have worked with Nespresso from the outset. Alessi, Porsche and Miele have also contributed in the design of the Nespresso machines.
Nespresso machines are characterised by their timeless design features:
- Essenza machine range: modern design, in a range of colours and extremely compact
- U machine range: sophisticated technology with modular stylish design
- CitiZ machine range: a union between high-tech and retro-modern design inspirations
- Pixie machine range: most compact design with innovative technology
- Lattissima machine range: classic design with intuitive one touch milk recipe function
- Maestria machine range: a mix of advanced technology and authentic retro design with high end premium materials
Nespresso Machine Awards
Since 1996, the Nespresso machines have received a number of prestigious industry awards.
- 1996: "Design Innovations" awards for the C125 and C250 Nespresso systems at the Essen trade show.
- 1998: The "IF" (International Product Design Award) for the Nespresso system C220 at the Hanover trade show.
- 1998: "Award for High Design Quality" for the Nespresso M180 system at the Essen trade show.
- 2002: A "Red Dot: Best of the Best" prize for highest quality in international product design was awarded to the Nespresso FNA1 (Concept Line) by the renowned Design Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen in Essen, Germany.
- 2002: The Nespresso FNA1 (Concept Range) received a coveted "Good Design" Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in the USA.
- 2004: The Nespresso M200 Automatic (Concept Range) won the Small Electrical Appliance of the Year Award at the UK's 2004 Industry Awards in London.
- 2004: The Nespresso M100 (Compact Range) received a coveted "Good Design" Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in the USA.
- 2005: A "Red Dot: Best of the Best" prize for Nespresso XN20 (Compact Range) from the renowned Design Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen in Essen, Germany.
- 2007: The “IF” (International Product Design Award) for the Nespresso Le Cube at the Hanover trade show.
- 2009: The CitiZ received a ”Red Dot Design Award“ for coffee machines from the Design Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen in Essen, Germany.
- 2009: The Nespresso CitiZ received the “Good Design” Award, from The Chicago Atheneaum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Center for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
- 2011: The Pixie received a “Red Dot Design” Award, the Australia International Design Award 2011 and the UK Excellence in Housewares Award 2011.
The Nespresso Design Contest calls upon a new generation of designers to explore the evolution of coffee culture or to tackle the theme of coffee unplugged, for example. Their ideas are not limited to the machines only.
The aim of the participants is to combine design with function and simplicity of use, to break free of conventional thinking and let their imaginations run wild.