An iced chocolate coffee recipe for any occasion
Whether you’re making a cold drink for your own enjoyment, or organising a morning or afternoon tea for friends, this iced chocolate coffee recipe ticks all the boxes.
It’s easy, simple and fun to make. We use the intense and woody Ispirazione Palermo Kazaar blend to create this recipe. The Ispirazione Palermo Kazaar pod is exceptionally intense and syrupy. It brings together two Robustas from Brazil and Guatemala and a separately roasted Arabica from South America. Its bitterness and notes of pepper are balanced by a full and creamy texture. The perfect base for this drink.
If you want to explore some flavour combinations, play around with the coffee capsules you have and discover some new and exciting iced chocolate coffee recipes. And better yet, have fun testing and sampling the results.
Combining coffee and chocolate
Combining the deliciously rich flavours of chocolate and coffee, Nespresso’s iced chocolate coffee will have you coming back for more. Follow the recipe below to create a tasty iced chocolate coffee.
Iced chocolate coffee recipe
All the ingredients and equipment you’ll need to create this mouth-watering beverage:
- 20ml of cold frothed milk
- 5-10ml of macaron or sugar cane syrup
- 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream
- 1tsp crushed ice
- 2 Ispirazione Palermo Kazaar espresso capsules
- Milk frother
- Your coffee machine
- Pour the milk into your Aeroccino milk frother, or use the steam wand on your coffee machine
- Turn it onto cold, wait until you get a smooth foam and add the macaron or sugar cane syrup
- Make two espresso (40ml) Ispirazione Palermo Kazaar in the shaker
- Add the two scoops of chocolate ice cream
- Shake well
- Add the crushed ice to a tall glass followed by the contents of the shaker
- Add the milk foam from your milk frother on top
- If you want to add a little decoration, add a straw or sprinkle a little grated chocolate on top
Note this recipe makes enough for one glass, simply double or triple to make extra glasses of iced coffee chocolate.
What to serve with the iced coffee chocolate
If you’re wondering what to serve with your iced coffee chocolate, we have a couple of suggestions to double the coffee and chocolate enjoyment.
You can serve the iced coffee chocolate with cake, muffins, biscuits, your favourite slice or for a healthier option, fresh seasonal fruit.
Nespresso has a number of suggestions on coffee and food pairings that please the palate and will help inspire your menu choices.
Extra tips on making the perfect iced chocolate coffee
To watch the recipe and pick up any extra tips, watch our how-to video.
If you liked this article, please share: