Coffee custard with caramel milk froth
The ultimate indulgence! A creamy cloud of milk and vanilla custard with toffee flavours.
- Boil the milk along with half a vanilla pod in a saucepan
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl together with the sugar
- Continue stirring the eggs and sugar while pouring in the milk with the split vanilla pod
- Next, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and let it thicken over a low heat (do not let the mixture boil as this will make the cream curdle)
- Test the custard cream using a spoon - as soon as the cream begins to stick to the spoon, remove the saucepan from the stove
- Continue stirring so that the mixture remains smooth and creamy
- Remove the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds to add back into the custard.Prepare a Grand Cru Volluto in an Espresso cup or a small recipe glass and add 25 ml, 1 oz, 5 teaspoons of the ready-made or home-made custard
- Prepare milk froth using the steam nozzle of your Nespresso machine or the Aeroccino milk frother, adding the caramel syrup as soon as the froth begins to form
- Cover the coffee custard with the caramel-flavoured milk froth and serve immediately.
Accessories for this recipe
You may also like these recipes