A 100% NATURAL NESPRESSO PROCESS
Decaffeination is a process that happens prior to roasting the green coffee. The process consists of dissolving, then removing the caffeine from the green coffee, either with a solvent or with water.
Caffeine can be found in its natural state in many plants, including tea leaves, coffee beans, and cola nuts.
- The pure form of caffeine is a white powder that dissolves easily on contact with water.
- The Nespresso decaffeinated Premium Blends are decaffeinated using a natural "water-based" process.
- When the water is in contact with the coffee, the caffeine contained in the coffee beans is dissolved gradually.
- This process removes the caffeine without altering the taste of the coffee.
- Unlike Nespresso, some coffee roasting companies use the chemical decaffeination process.
- With this type of decaffeination, the beans are soaked in water and then a solvent is used to absorb the caffeine content in the water.
- The solvents used are either methylene chloride or ethyl acetate.